Beyond My Writing Space

I have combines all of my blogs into just the one. Go To New Blog

Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Poem: Life's Longest Mile

In September 2007, two of my friends passed away. Both had life threatening conditions and to loose one of them was a bitter blow and myself and my work colleagues were still reeling from the shock when we learnt that the other friend has also passed away. Again, it was the first time I'd experienced death in this way. The first friend to pass away was the only a few years older than me, and the second a couple of years younger.
I've always had my partner, who was a pillar of strength through this, and my family to hold my hand through the grieving process. But this time I didn't feel like they understood. Life's Longest Mile is my tribute to them.

Erin

Read the poem Life's Longest Mile and more Poems written by Erin Cawood at erincawood.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment